Thursday, February 23, 2006

Canadian Women

I know it was a disappointing day for Canadian Men's hockey. 
The Canadian women in these Olympics have done wonderful.  Not only did the Canadian Woman's hockey team dominate their way to Gold, but our women skiers and skaters have put on quite a show too.  Cindy Klassen became Canada's most decorated woman Olympian, and she is tied for most medals won in speed skating at one Olympic Games.  Our hats must go off to her.

Today is my last day at work before I head down to San Jose tomorrow.  I'm very excited.  An excited nervousness which I think is normal.  The upset stomach nervousness has passed and I think once I get past the first 30 minutes in the tournament I will be able to relax and play my game.  I'm going into this WPT with the sole intention of making the final table.  In past WPT events I was just worried about not embarrassing myself but not this time.  I'm going to play my game and put trust in my reads.  When I do that I feel I am a great poker player.  It's only when I start second guessing myself and get impatient when I play average poker.  Deep stacks and long rounds really help my game.  The rounds aren't as long as the WSOP but they are still longer than any local game.  I anticipate a strong showing.  I am taking the mindset that this is my Olympic Event, and I hope to do Canada proud.





1 Comments:

At 1:26 PM, February 23, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is no doubt in mind you can beat this - or any - field. TAKE IT DOWN!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home