Not so good Al
Might night at the West End poker tournament didn't go so well.
The tournament was only $20 to enter so I didn't lose much.
They start you with 1500 chips which leaves very little wiggle room when the blinds increase fast and they start at 25-50.
The play was extremely loose. The guy immediately to my right was all in 5 out of the first 11 hands. This might not be a bad strategy, because if you wait for remotely playable hands like I did then you will be blinded out in a hurry.
I didn't have a card over a jack the entire time I played. My best hand was 66 which I had to lay down after the flop to an all in.
I didn't have a bad time though but not getting decent cards was annoying. Most of the time you don't need decent cards to win in No Limit Hold'em, but when your entire stack is at stake every hand because of such loose play, it is a good idea to hold something at least mediocre.
When I left, Varga and Dave were still in the tournament. I haven't heard how they did yet. Matt had left pretty early as it wasn't his night either.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home