Monday, February 13, 2006

KingMatt

This post only further proves my last post's point.  Our group has some serious skillz.  Skillz.....I don't think I can pull that off.  Ok, I promise not to use that word again.:)

Seriously though,  Those of you who have read my blog in the past will recognize the name KingMatt.  His wife, him and I all ventured out to a tournament in the East End that another buddy of ours was helping to organize.  Once again, KingMatt did our group proud by taking down 2nd place in the tournament and some nice prize money. 

Congrats to KingMatt on a very nice finish!  I'm sure he will have his own blog before too long if he keeps this up.  Maybe he can take over mine.:)

I feel I played very good in the tournament.  I was very confident in the reads I was making on players.  I could tell when they were weak and when there was a great opportunity to take the pot away from them.  Unfortunately I ran into some bad luck when a player came over top of my raise all in with JJ.  I called with QQ but a J on the flop too the majority of my chips.  I stayed in just long enough to hear him brag to his buddies about how good he was and that he would buy them a beer when he took down the tournament.  Needless to say it wasn't long after that when he lost the majority of his chips in what I can only explain as a boneheaded move.  He slow played QQ and then pushed all in when and A came on the flop. 

It was nice to hear that Matt took 2nd.  Well done.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home