I didn't get a chance to put out an update yesterday, but I played in the Atlantic tournament on Paradise on Tuesday night. I placed 6th in the tournament. I'm sure I could have done better if I had concentrated a little harder. I unfortunately had to go to hockey so I was pressing things. I felt bad because I think I dissappointed a few people who were watching. Not that I know them or anything but I was the lone representive of Canada at the final table so I had a few Canadian fans. Here is an example of me pressing things.
7 players left and I open from middle position for 2.5 x the BB with 66. An aggressive player pushes all in from 1 off the button. I was pretty sure he had 2 overs, but even still, if I wasn't rushed I would have laid this hand down. I felt like I had a pretty good handle on the table and could have come out in the top 3 if I had waited for better spots. Instead, I called with 66 and he turned over A7 off suit. Flop brought him an Ace and he doubled through me. At that point I only had a little over 2 BB's left so after another small stack busted, I took my chance from the BB and lost.
I really feel confident playing the Atlantic. I have been at the final table of this tournament over 1/2 the time that I have played in it.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home