Wednesday, November 02, 2005

What a difference in my game lately. Playing a whole lot better and positionally and selectively. Making good decisions and my confidence is creeping back up.

Since the last post, I have taken 4th and 2nd in two tournaments out of the last 3 I have played in.

I do have another great hand for everyone. Check out Vegasbound60. Sadly, he thinks he made a great play.:)

-----------------------------------------------------
Game #1066057376 - Tournament $60,000 R&A - 400/800 No Limit Texas
Hold'em - 2005/11/02-22:49:28.3 (CST)
Table "$60,000 R&A 105" (MTT) -- Seat 10 is the button
Seat 1: nasber (32,790 in chips)
Seat 2: thanks (14,330 in chips)
Seat 3: Kyrandy (3,100 in chips)
Seat 4: Brhodes26 (7,943 in chips)
Seat 5: Peerswa (15,695 in chips)
Seat 6: southbeach (19,280 in chips)
Seat 7: vegasbound60 (23,567 in chips)
Seat 8: 7talife (23,823 in chips)
Seat 9: MarkyC16 (12,780 in chips)
Seat 10: howboycat (31,049 in chips)
thanks : Ante (50)
Kyrandy : Ante (50)
Brhodes26: Ante (50)
Peerswa : Ante (50)
southbeach: Ante (50)
vegasbound60: Ante (50)
7talife : Ante (50)
MarkyC16: Ante (50)
howboycat: Ante (50)
nasber : Ante (50)
nasber : Post Small Blind (400)
thanks : Post Big Blind (800)
Dealt to nasber [ As ]
Dealt to nasber [ Jd ]
Kyrandy : Fold
Brhodes26: Fold
Peerswa : Fold
southbeach: Fold
vegasbound60: Call (800)
7talife : Fold
MarkyC16: Fold
howboycat: Fold
nasber : Raise (2,400)
thanks : Fold
vegasbound60: Call (2,000)
*** FLOP *** : [ Jc Td 6s ]
nasber : Bet (3,000)
vegasbound60: Call (3,000)
*** TURN *** : [ Jc Td 6s ] [ 2c ]
nasber : Bet (6,000)
vegasbound60: Call (6,000)
*** RIVER *** : [ Jc Td 6s 2c ] [ Qs ]
nasber : Check
vegasbound60: Check
*** SUMMARY ***
Pot: 24,900 | Board: [ Jc Td 6s 2c Qs ]
nasber lost 11,850 (showed hand) [ As Jd ] (a pair of jacks)
thanks lost 850 (folded)
Kyrandy lost 50 (folded)
Brhodes26 lost 50 (folded)
Peerswa lost 50 (folded)
southbeach lost 50 (folded)
vegasbound60 bet 11,850, collected 24,900, net +13,050 (showed hand) [
9d Kd ] (a straight, nine to king)
7talife lost 50 (folded)
MarkyC16 lost 50 (folded)
howboycat lost 50 (folded)
-----------------------------------------------------

3 Comments:

At 10:42 PM, November 10, 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad your games coming around... mine was doing well all week - up until tonight!

I don't have a blog so this'll have to do. :)

I sat-ed in to the interpoker $4K on Thursday night… my second sat-in this week which is a good sign. (I've always had a HUGE bubbling problem with sats before...)

Unfortunately I didn't manage to last more than 5 minutes in either one.

Bunch of dumbasses at my table tonight, including a couple of maniacs. I get AA in mid-position. Blinds were low so I made a healthy raise of 5x the BB. Flop comes out 2h 4d Ts. I bet half the pot, maniac around the table goes all in. I call. He has 9c Tc. And proceeds to hit a 9 on the river. Gone, what a waste.

So I play a $20 10-person sit-n-go to blow off some steam. I'm in control the whole way through but one guy has me out-chipped when we get down to three players. I get AA and the flop comes 7c Kh Kd. I'd already made a raise pre-flop and the chip leader flat called it. So now he puts me all in on that flop and I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a K. I'm right… I call and he has 7h 3d. No joke. And he hits his 7 for the set on the river.

Those two beats are freakin heinous… but they were pretty consistent with everything that happened tonight. NL holdem, limit holdem, 7 card stud… bad beat after bad beat. I lost two full houses to bigger full houses. I lost a flush to quads (in 7 card). Unreal.

If I was a conspiracy theorist I would wonder whether the fact that I just cleared a bonus on interpoker yesterday has anything to do with this. :)

ugh

 
At 10:45 PM, November 10, 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops, forgot the numbers... in the first case I was 81% when the money went in. Second... 91%.

and the other tourney I sat-ed into was the $30k last Saturday. Forbes was lucky enough to witness the travesty. I got up a little right away and then lost it all when my AKd lost to AJs. But that one was purely bad play on my part... I didn't bet him off his flush draw hard enough. He didn't have odds to call but I never put him to the test with an all-in. Damn.

ok I'm done bitching now

 
At 7:09 AM, November 11, 2005 , Blogger Kevin Forbes said...

It was a pretty bad beat that I witnessed, I'm just glad you didn't go down in the sat for the 4k...with 9 ppl left and the top 5 earning a seat, KingMatt went from chip leader to last place (due to some loose play by poor players) and then built back up (thanks in part to some stupid play by poor players) to earn a seat.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home