Not exactly the result I was looking for. I played decent but still managed to lose all my chips on the following hand.
Middle position Loose aggressive player opens for 3 times the Big Blind. It is folded around to me in the Big Blind. I call with Ace 8 of clubs. The middle position raiser had me covered by quite a bit. Normally I would fold in this spot if it was a tight aggressive player doing the raising as I am most likely dominated by an Ace with a higher kicker or I am behind to KK, QQ, JJ, TT or 99. I had seen him raise with KJ, JQ, J9 from this position so I decided to play.
Flop comes A,Q,8 rainbow. 2 pair. The average winning hand in Hold'em is 2 pair. I lead out at the flop here with a pot sized bet. Why so big? Well, because my 2 pair is still very vulnerable to the turn and the river. Also, because I feel I have the best hand and that there is a good chance the loose aggressive player is on a straight draw or has an Ace with a higher kicker that could hit the board. I want to make it incorrect for him to call here.
Well, he didn't call. He reraised me all in. At this point there is over 4800 in the pot and I have 1200 left. It was an easy call for me as the only hands I am behind to are AQ, AA, QQ and 88. AA and 88 are both highly unlikely considering my holding. Against those four hands I am a bad underdog, but against any other holding I am a large favorite.
He turned over QQ and I was drawing slim. No help on the turn or river and I was busted.
Personally, I don't see how I avoid going broke on this hand but feel free to disagree via a comment.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home