Wednesday, March 01, 2006


Rain, rain go away. The forecast is rain, with a side of rain. Lisa and I decided to head to a rather large mall in the area. We weren't there very long when we saw the sun coming out, so we rushed out to the car and headed to Santa Cruz.
On our way to Santa Cruz it rained, hailed and rained some more. When we go to Santa Cruz the sun was out, so the trip was worth it. Santa Cruz is right on the Ocean just above Monterey.

We stayed for lunch in Santa Cruz and took some pictures of the Sea Lions and Sea Otters. For some reason I really like them. I could have watched them all day. After that we drove up highway 1 along the coast to avoid the rain. We then cut through the mountains along a very scenic route lined with redwoods. These trees are massive. We made it back to the Hotel just in time to shower and get directions to the HP Pavillion.

We made it to the HP Pavillion around 7 and the game started at 7:30. Our seats were great. It looked to be sold out. It was a great game for the Sharks. Joe Thornton put on an absolutely dominating display of talent. His trade to San Jose has done wonders for him. I have seen him play with Boston at the Corel Center and he looked lost. Not here. The passes he made were awesome. He gave his linemates so many chances to score. San Jose scored a franchise record 5 power play goals and they won 5-1. Thornton was the games first star.

We are off to Wineries south of San Jose today. It is Lisa's 28th Birthday today so we will probably find a nice place to eat dinner this evening as well.

3 Comments:

At 1:26 PM, March 01, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Joe!! looks funny in a SJ jersey though. Well hope you enjoy the rest of your trip.Talk to ya later

 
At 6:27 PM, March 01, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LISA!!!!... and to Brad: sorry about your luck :(

 
At 6:17 AM, March 02, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought I left a comment yesterday... either way, happy birthday Lisa!!! We'll have to celebrate when you guys are back.

BTW, the pics you guys added are very cool. That mansion looks crazy.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home