Saturday, February 25, 2006

Left the house yesterday with this horrible feeling that we forgot something.
We weren't rushed or anything, just had that feeling.

Expedia Information Check
Passports Check
Poker Information Check
Contacts and glasses Check

OK, maybe we din't forget anything. We stopped by the bank before we left and got a little bit of US money, and then it was off to the airport.
We checked in with lots of time, and I was able to find an earphone adaptor in the RELAY store that allowed both Lisa and I to listen to the same CD player or laptop. That was great because I had several Scrubs episodes to watch on the plane.

The plane to Chicago was on the smaller side but it had decent leg room. The flight flew by while we watched Scrubs.
The lay over in Chicago wasn't that long and we were able to grab a bite to eat and find a plug in to recharge the laptop. The plane to San Jose was bigger but much more cramped. My knees were pressed firmly up against the seat in front of me for the full 4-1/2 hours. They played "Walk The Line" on the plane which was great because I wanted to see it and neither of us had seen it. One of us still hasn't seen much of it. Lisa caught some z's.

When we arrived in San Jose we waite what seemed like forever for our luggage and then it was off to Budget rental car. When we got to the rental car booth they asked for my license so I grabbed my wallet and ......that was it! That was the one thing I had forgotten. I must have taken it out to book the rental car, or I took it out mistakenly when I pulled all the cards out that I wouldn't need. So...after much convincing we had the rental car lady let Lisa be the driver even though it was booked under my name.

We then proceeded to miss our exit a couple of times as it was dark and the signs weren't very good. I guess I'm not a good co-pilot and Lisa was very nervous driving on these highways. (Mom and Dad, please don't read this next part). So the first gas station we switched up who was driving. I'm a much better driver than a co-pilot.

Anyways, we made it to the Hotel. It is very nice and the pillows are to die for. We are going to head to our free breakfast now, and then do a tour of a Mystery Mansion in the area. After that we will play it by ear.

Thanks for the words of encouragement boys. I have a good feeling about this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home