Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Christmas in August. That's what it felt like yesterday for me. Usually the trade deadline in the NHL is my favorite time of year, but yesterday was awesome. Seeing big name players getting signed by small market teams was very exciting. Gary Bettman must be smiling from ear to ear. To see teams like Calgary and Edmonton go out and get players like Amonte and Pronger. Nothing could be better for the league as a whole. Proof that the right man won the NHL labour dispute.

I got the new Barry Greenstein book yesterday. Unfortunately I had to work late, so I haven't had a chance to read it yet. Looking forward to it though. I think it will be a good compliment to my collection.

Haven't played any poker since Sunday. Taking a bit of a break. Doesn't look like I will be playing again until the weekend, as I am suppose to go see a Lynx game tonight with my Dad, and I have hockey tomorrow night. Hopefully I will be able to satelite into one of the bigger tournaments on Sunday.

Here is hoping that the Canucks announce that they signed Naslund to a long term deal today, and the league announcing that Bertuzzi is reinstated.

Cheers,
Brad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home