I used to think that I was a good poker player because I had good results against good players. Even though I had bad results against bad players, I still thought I was a decent player because I could beat better players. I used to chalk this up to the fact that bad players are crazy and suck out too often. Recently it has become clear to me that just because I could beat good players didn't mean I was a good poker player.
The following quote was not directed at me but it applies to me all the same.
This should alert you to the fact that there is a major hole in your understanding of how to beat bad players.
If this hole is allowed to go unfilled, you will suffer at higher levels when people will be strong enough to take advantage of this leak.
Not being able to beat bad players was a hole in my game. You see, it was my style that could beat the better players. I never adjusted my style to play against bad players. Did that make me good? Absolutely not. Holes in your game are never good. That's why I have made a consious effort to start playing every player differently.
That's just one of the many holes I have in my game which I am trying to plug.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home