Made it back January 4th late at night from Jamaica. Gave my wife a little scare on the plane. Frankly, I was a little scared as well. Just before we took off, I either passed out or came moments from passing out on the plane. This was preceded by extreme nausea, headache and a case of the sweats. I mean it was pouring off me. Then, I lost my vision, and apparantly my eyes rolled back in my head.
I had hit my head on a tree Limb at Dunns River Falls the day before but I hadn't thought much of it that day. It hurt at the time but I really didn't have any dizziness at the time or anything so I just chalked it up to a bad goosebump. I remember I slept in a hammock later that day as I was tired, and I went to bed pretty early that night as I was dead tired. The next morning I woke up with a dull headache and mildly upset stomach. My vision wasn't quite right either. Everything got worse as the day went on until I got to the point I was at on the Plane.
Luckily the Stewart on the plane didn't freak out and have me hauled off the plane. I hadn't told anyone just how bad I felt for that reason. I didn't want to end up in a hospital in Jamaica somewhere. The Stewart got Lisa Ice chips, water, graval and a cold compress to put on the back of my neck, as well as paper towels to wipe up the sweat from my arms, hands, face, chest etc... I'm not positive but I think it was shortly after the cold compress on the back of my neck that I felt a bit better and I could focus on anything. I felt sick most of the flight and my headache never went away but we made it to Toronto.
Thanks to Meranda and Todd for helping Lisa look after the vegatable.
When we made it home to Ottawa I felt better. I felt much better the next day but I still had a headache and slight nausea. Lisa called my doctor and I went to see him. Yep, another concussion. He sent me to emerge to get a CAT Scan and luckily there was no bleeding. No major activity until I go see my Doc again sometime next week. Hopefully I will be feeling much better by then.
Matt seems to think this will make me better at poker. Hopefully he is right.
Glad to be back home.
Cheers,
Brad


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home