Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Played in the Playa tournament on Paradise last night. I started off slow but by the 2nd break I had a very sizeable stack. I ran into some problems along the way with a couple of all in artists but managed to trap them eventually. By the time we got to the final table I had a slight chip lead. I walked all over the final table and managed to get my chip stack up over 100K when we were down to 3 players. The next closest was 30K. Once I got heads up I ended up in an all-in fest. It took most of the skill out of playing. I ended up folding way too much as I went on a huge run of bad cards. Any ace and I would have called but I was getting 6 2 etc. When I finally did call his KT beat my AQ. Then I battled back and took the chip lead back only to enter another all in fest. Needless to say, I lost. I really should have called with any 2 the first time he went all in but I thought I was the more skilled player and could grind him down. I guess I was wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home