Monday, January 24, 2005

It has been extremely cold lately so it is a good time to stay inside and play poker.

Lately, I have been focusing my efforts on building a bankroll for myself. Before, I used to withdraw most of my winnings, but I think I might try to do things a little differently. I recently started by depositing $90 on InterPoker. They match your deposit after you play the required raked hands in a cash game. I met that criteria very quickly and was able to double my bankroll + a little extra I earned from the cash games. I don't really enjoy cash games but they are a necessary evil in order to collect bonuses. If you don't collect your bonus then you are throwing away easy money.

After I met my criteria, I started to play some tournaments. Small buy ins ranging from $2 to $20. I very quickly learned that InterPoker could be a gold mine. I am not saying that I am the best player on the site, but I am definitely above average. Sometimes I wonder if some of these people even realize they are playing poker?

After finishing in the money several times, I finished 1st in a tournament last week, and 3rd in another last night. I could have very easily won the tournament last night but was delivered a bit of a suckout. I called a persons all in with 2 pair. He hit runner runner for a straight and I was left with next to no chips. People going all in with nothing is very typical on this site and I am not complaining one bit. Yes, I got 3rd instead of 1st, but him getting rewarded for that play is a good thing in the long run. Hopefully I will meet him again at a final table. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home