What incredibly bad luck I had recently in a guaranteed 35K tournament on Paradise. I kept building my stack through some nice hands and some aggressive play. Throughout the session I had AA dealt to me 3 times. All three times I managed to get at least one person all-in against me. All three times my Aces were beaten.
The worst of the 3 came while we were in the money. A player by the name of Niki was in the BB (BB was 6K) and she/he had a decent sized stack of a little more than 30K. There was a couple limpers when it came around to me. I had a stack of 70K and since there were limpers I decided to bump it up to 30K. The only caller was the BB. She called her entire stack and tournament life with a K 9. I had AA so I thought I was golden. Flop came 8,10,7. Then a J on the turn. And to add insult to injury, a 6 falls on the river. Half my stack gone to someone who calls with a K9. How she ever made it that far in the tournament I have no idea.
Anyway, still finished in the money but if my Aces had held up just one time I'm sure I could have cruised to the final table. Oh well. I know I played them right and that is all I am concerned about.
Enough complaining about bad beats.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home