There were 667 entrants into the tournament. The ballroom, hallway and tent were all packed. I started out in the Ballroom. Pro's like Negreneau, Hellmuth, Lederer, Brunson, Annie Duke etc. were all there. So were celebrities like Tobey Maguire, Ben Affleck, James Woods and Mathew Perry.
The levels were 1-1/2 hour each and there were 10 minute breaks in between. Just enough time to go to the washroom and get a drink of water. There was no supper break. At some point in time Paul Wolfe ended up at my table to my immediate left. He is a very good pro from Florida. Not long after he was there, him and I became mixed up in a pot which I took down to chip me up to 15k. At around 12:30 AM the tournament director congratulated everyone on making it to the final building. The field was now half of what originally started.
With about 20 minutes left in the final level I was dealt pocket Jack's and I was all in against Pocket 10's. A 10 hit on the flop and I was sent packing. Not sure who the guy was that knocked me out but Wolfe told me I made the right play.
I know I played really good poker all day but I guess in the end the Poker Gods weren't with me. I outlasted pro's like Negreneau, Lederer, Duke, Raymer and the celebrities listed above.
All in all I had a blast and was satisfied with how I played. I was just dissappointed that I made it so close to the 2nd day.
Thanks for everyone's support. I appreciate it.
On the bright side now Lisa and I will be able to do some more sight seeing.
Cheers,
Brad


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home