Gretzky as coach.....
I told you I had a lot to write about and nothing really about poker.
I have mixed feelings about him becoming coach. I have no doubt that he will be a good coach. I'm just worried that he was pressured into the position by the other owners just to sell tickets. Like a monkey in a zoo.
If he made the decision without any outside pressure, then I am 100% behind it and think he will be very successful. With the exception of Rick Bowness, I think he has surrounded himself with an excellent staff, including 5 time cup winner Barry Smith.


1 Comments:
agreed on pretty much all counts... whether Gretz chose to do this himself (and I've never known him to do things under external pressure) I'd prefer to see him in the background. Of course he'll be successful... he's Gretz! But it seemed a better fit when he was owner and GM, deftly pulling the strings behind closed doors.
Either way, can't wait for Turin when 99 shows us more Olympic magic!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home