Monday, November 22, 2004

Poker.....no time for poker. I have to install a Bathroom Exhaust Fan. I started the job on Saturday thinking it would be a easy swap of the old existing fan with the new one. For some reason I thought this would be a simple job. Wrong! Removing the old fan requires going up into the attic. That in itself is a tricky thing because it is in my closet. Now add on the fact that the attic has blown insulation in it, and I need to bring all my tools and the new ceiling fan up there with me. We have a shallow pitch to our roof so I barely had enough room crawling on my hands and knees.

Finally I make it to the old fan. I remove the power, pop out the screws and remove the existing duct work. Wow, that was pretty easy. Now I just need to put in the new one. Easy enough. Pop it into place and hook up the wiring. Go to attach the duct work and realize the old one took 3" duct work and the new one takes 4". So I pull on the old duct work to try and see where it is running, and to see what length of 4" duct work I will need. It seemed to pull pretty easy. Too easy in fact. Why? Because it wasn't attached to anything. The person who had installed the old fan just decided to vent it into the attic. No wonder the ceiling in my Bathroom was sweating. UGH! This means I need 4" duct work and a roof vent. By the time I get my tools and myself out of the attic it is just starting to get dark. I figure I will go to Home Depot and get what I need and then tackle the rest on Sunday. Sunday is my poker day, plus it is the Grey Cup and NFL football so I am hoping it won't take all day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home