Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Most of you have heard by now that I was knocked out of the tournament late Sunday night. James Woods raised preflop and I called all in with AQ. He turned over K10 of spades. I thought I was ok until 2 Kings hit on the flop. I wasn't really upset about that because I knew I got my chips in with the best of it.

It was the hand that left me shortstacked which bothers me. I was dealt A7 of clubs. I raised it preflop and was called by the Button. She was an aggressive player who was not afraid to go all in at any point. The flop came with 2 clubs in it and nothing higher than a 10. She checked it to me. My head was screaming "Push all in". This is an automatic play for me but for some reason my hand didn't listen to my head and I tapped the table meaning I checked. When the turn came no club, she bet out. I called. Then when the river came no club and she put me all in. I had to fold.

That was my one huge mistake. 95% of the time she would have folded to my all in on the flop. What made me check? Who knows. Nerves, pressure, stupidity? It is a different game when you play live, but that is not a good enough excuse. I made a mistake and I knew it immediately. That won't happen again.

Cheers,
Brad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home