Wednesday, November 10, 2004

I am starting to get a little nervous about the event. Excited but nervous. I went back through my emails and found one from Paul Phillips. I had emailed him when I first won the Foxwoods entry. I told him I felt intimidated by the Pros at the Bike. I asked if he was intimidated by the Pro's when he first started, and how he got past that. He replied with the following. Something which I will probably reread several times before the tourney starts.

I'm sure I was. I overcame it by noticing they put their hands on one card at a time just like everyone else does. They have no magic way of getting chips unless their opponents give them away. This isn't football or baseball: they're not faster, stronger, better jumpers. They get the same cards and have the same options.


He also replied with some other advice which I have found very useful. If I can play with less fear, I will play better.

Cheers,
Brad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home