Everything about my game just feels right, right now. I am playing very tight aggressive right now and it is paying off. I am simply grinding my way through the early parts of a tournament, and slowly building my stack up. I have made large laydowns that I wouldn't normally make. I think the key to my success lately has been my focus on position. A 10 is no longer an automatic raise hand from early position. I am laying down hands like A8, A9 , AT and even AJ off suit when facing a raise in front of me. I no longer am calling or raising a raise and a reraise with AQ. Instead I just wait patiently for a better chance to double thru.
I suffered 3 horrendous bad beats last night on UB. KK vs QQ, KK vs 77, KK vs 99. See a pattern here? My KK lost everytime. It hasn't been very good to me lately. Despite that, I was still able to build my chips back up each time and finished in the money.
On Interpoker I actually closed the deal in the $10 entry, $4000 guaranteed prize pool. First place paid just over $1K. $1k isn't a bad return on $10. I suffered my share of bad beats in this tourney too but I persevered and came out on top. I have to admit that I got lucky once as well. I had AK of spades and the other player had AA. I was pot commited after my raise so I had to call his reraise. Lucky for me 3 spades came out. Tough beat for him. I think you have to get lucky once somewhere along the way in order to win a tournament of this size. That was my spot to get lucky.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home